Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 1 - Let me introduce myself








I thought it would be appropriate to begin this adventure with a visual introduction. My first doodle is me.

A quick 'sketch' of who I am...

I've been drawing as long as I can remember, and was always encouraged to do so. I'm not sure when I stopped drawing, I remember deciding not to pursue art as a career because I didn't want to resent it, but somwhere along the way I lost it all together.

I've studied several different disciplines: drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, graphic design and photography... but drawing seems to be my forte. Most recently I've been working in graphic design as a creative for an internal corp. marketing dept. This has helped me quench my thirst for creativity, but hasn't allowed me to express my point of view. I'm hoping this excercise will get those juices flowing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment